IMPORTANCE OF PRAYER:
Prayer is very important in the life of every person. I hope you know about prayer and you have a prayer life of your own. Prayer unites us with God. Mathew 21:22 “all things, whatever you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive”. It’s a great consolation for us.
Many people complain that their prayers are not heard by the Lord. One of my friends always complains that the Lord has never heard my prayer. I always replied to him, if you will ask Lord for a knife; he loves you, he won’t want to hurt you therefore, he will not give you a knife. Maybe you also have this kind of experience. You may have prayed for some purpose but God did not give that thing to you, and you complained to Lord, and never prayed again. I will further explain it through a bible verse from the book of Luke 11:11-12 “which of your fathers if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he? Or if he asks for an egg, he won’t give him a scorpion, will he?
I will share some conditions of effective prayer according to the Bible.
- Prepare yourself for Prayer: Firstly, we need to prepare ourselves for prayer. Shake and empty yourself. If you are already filled with anything else, how can you fill with spirit? Pray through your tongue is not enough. You must pray in the spirit as well (See Ephesians 6:18).
- Believe: Second and the most important condition is our belief in effective prayer. If you pray and do not believe your prayers may not fulfill. On the other hand, if you have faith even as a grain of mustard seed, you can move a mountain from one place to another (See Mathew 17:20). Never come to God in doubt. Our God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think.
- Give your tithe: The third condition for effective prayer is ‘give your tithe’. Firstly we should give our tithe to Lord then he said test me I will open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there will not be room enough for you (See Malachi 3:10).
- Vow: Bible has much history on the vow. We can see many historical stories in the bible, where many apostles of God vow and, got what they asked.
- Pray in Morning: Psalm 5:3 says, “Yahweh, in the morning you shall hear my voice. In the morning I will lay my requests before you and will watch expectantly” Prayer in the early morning is also have a deep effect. Because that time is very crucial when you wake up and start your new and fresh day with his name.
- Fasting: Fasting is also the best way for effective prayer. We can see many stories in Bible history, where people were saved through fasting from God’s Punish.
- Pray in Gathering: We IEM, why ask you for prayer request? ‘Pray in gathering’ is the basic reason for this asking. IEM prayer team is 24/7 ready to pray for you. Mathew 18:19 says, “If two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” Here, in this verse, ‘two of you’ is mentioned. Our team is always ready to be one of you.
- Pray by Righteous Person: We IEM wants to pray for you because the bible suggests us to pray for you. James 5:16 said the prayer of a righteous person is powerfully effective. Our team is every time ready to pray with you.
- Loose yourself: The last condition for effective prayer is ‘stop putting your own effort’ behold to Lord, wait for his action. He may snatch your better thing, to give something best.
Our team can pray with you for the following purposes;
- Prayer for Health
- Prayer for the Forgiveness of Sins
- Prayer to recover your relationship with God
- Prayer for financial Blessing (i.e. Good Job, Success in Business, etc.)
- Prayer for the Blessing of Children
- Prayer for any trouble or sorrow
POWER OF PRAYER:
Jeremiah 29:12, “You shall call on me, and shall go and pray to me, and I will listen to you”.
Philippians 4:6 “In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God”.
Psalm 102:17 He has responded to the prayer of the destitute and has not despised their prayer.
James 5:16 “Confess your offenses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The insistent prayer of a righteous person is powerfully effective.”
Mathew 26:41 “Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
Job 42:10 And the Lord restored the fortunes of Job when he had prayed for his friends. And the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.”
Mark 11:25 “And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”
1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
In the end, I will like to share this beautiful verse with you from 1st Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” May God Bless you (Amen).